[OM] Re: [OT]Look at an M8 by 5D Pro

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT]Look at an M8 by 5D Pro
From: "Allan Mee" <bigalsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 02:45:34 +0000
Doesn't affect me as I'm unlikley to be one of its buyers ever. But if I
were, I wouldn't be pleased. I don't think a comapny that depends as much on
'prestige' for sales as Leica should start treating its users so shabbily -
hardly a recipe for long-term success I would have thought.
Somwhow, I coulsn't see Canon and Nikon (or Oly) users tolerating a camera
with defects like that for long!
Allan

PS No trees were harmed in the sending of this message and a very large
number of electrons were asked their permission to be terribly
inconvenienced. (And threw a party for them afterwards for being really cool
about it).

Disrupting the unnatural balance that you, as a conscious human being and a
confused mass of energy, have created.
-Disturb the mind -

>From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [OM] Re: [OT]Look at an M8 by 5D Pro
>Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 18:37:50 -0800
>

>No, it is not, but if they are to be believed it is the only solution
>because they say that the sensor filter cannot be made thicker
>without adversely affecting the image quality. What makes it
>difficult to believe is that they provide no explanation as to why
>they cannot adequately filter the IR and the UV while others can and
>that the filters were not provided with the camera with an
>explanation when bought, not after the discovery of problems. A shame
>really. I have not followed it closely though, so I may have missed
>something.
>

>Winsor
>Long Beach, California, USA
>

>On Dec 20, 2006, at 5:10 PM, Allan Mee wrote:
>

> > Hardly an elegant fix though? :(

>List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
>List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

Think you're a film buff? Play the Movie Mogul quiz and win fantastic
prizes!  http://www.msnmoviemogul.com