[OM] Re: Code in film chamber

Subject: [OM] Re: Code in film chamber
From: "Roger Key" <rogerdkey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 09:29:49 +0100

It is apparently a data code on later OM's indicating the date of
manufacture; also occurs on some lenses I believe. 'TN' is probably the
factory, 'F' indicates 1986 (F=6), and 2 indicates February. I have never
worked out the last digit, unless it refers to the pressure plate curvature
as in older OM's.

I hope that I got it right. I have an OM-1n marked TNF24 (Feb 86) ,  and a
champagne OM-4Ti marked TNF85 (Aug 86), amongst others.

Roger Key