[OM] OM Zuiko 500/8 on E-1

Subject: [OM] OM Zuiko 500/8 on E-1
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 00:22:47 +1300
Hi all

As mentioned a day or so ago, I spent about an hour trying the 500 / E-1
combo on birds and in that time took about 50 shots.

Here are three
http://homepages.caverock.net.nz/~bj/photography/zuikoholics/little-pied-shag.jpg
177 kb
http://homepages.caverock.net.nz/~bj/photography/zuikoholics/red-billed-gull.jpg
107 kb
http://homepages.caverock.net.nz/~bj/photography/zuikoholics/geese.jpg
393 kb

The images were all re-sized and tarted-up with Irfanview; I took the
sharpening one step too far with the gull and the feral geese.
Gitzo 320 Studex tripod, not extended, and no self-timer ( I think next time I
will use at least the 2 second delay)
Distances were about 40 m for the gull and 50 the shag, and maybe 70m for
the geese. They were rather shy and I think somebody had already been
trying to make Christmas dinner out of them, They are this year's nestlings
from somewhere else in the city and flew into a local "canal".

Brian