[OM] Re: Photo...

Subject: [OM] Re: Photo...
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 16:07:40 -0800
Allan Mee wrote:
> ........ I was tempted to whip out the 300D
> and just shoot it - but I felt too embarassed at the thought of getting my
> DSLR out on the bus and taking a shot.

What? Get a grip man - on that camera, and take the shot. If not for
yourself, for your audience here. :-)
> <snip even more description of what would undoubtedly have been the pic of
> the year> The reflections were almost as dense/strong/tangble as
> the view of the pavement out of the bus window. Modesty /consideration
> doesn't pay sometimes lol

No kidding! There is another way to deal with these situations, the
compact camera in one's jacket pocket or in a case on one's belt. Mine
have been Canyon S110, Fuji F10 and now F30. You can have the camera out
and unobtrusively take the shot in seconds. In the case of the F30, you
get the same image size, 6.3 mp, as the 300D, although the aspect ratio
is different. And at iso 800 and especially at 400 and below, you give
away almost nothing in image quality to the 300D.

When I took my mom in for an ERCP procedure last summer, I didn't have
the DSLR with me, it didn't fit into the process, somehow. I did,
however, have the F30 along. I too like reflection, refraction , etc.
images and found several in a chapel and garden at the hospital.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/Summita/>

With a tiny camera, you are covered even when the DSLR isn't along at
all. Or when you foolishly run out of storage.  :-( All these were taken
with the F10 when I neglected to take a second card for the 300D along
on a photogenic day <http://galleries.moosemystic.net/Summita/>.  As
were these
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/GGPark/Flowers/index_3.htm>.  :-)

Moose