[OM] color difference between photoshop and acdsee

Subject: [OM] color difference between photoshop and acdsee
From: "Komtanoo Pinpimai" <romerun@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 20:49:37 -0600
Hi,

I have a question about color redition on computer screen.
Now, I'm using Capture1 to process raw file, everything looks good in the
program,
but when I processed it to tiff or jpeg file and view with acdsee, the color
of the image in acdsee looks paler than that's of Capture1.
However, the color of the tiff/jpeg image in photoshop seems to be matched
with Capture1.
I did more test on firefox and get the same color as acdsee.
In short, in my laptop, the color of an image in Photoshop/Capture1 is
different from the color of ACDsee/firefox.
My question is:
1. Is there a way to calibrate these programs to show the same color ?
2. If I'd like to order my digital photo printed with a pro lab, how do I
know if the color shown in my screen matches with lab's printer & paper ?

-kem