[OM] Re: FS: Zuiko 35-80/2.8

Subject: [OM] Re: FS: Zuiko 35-80/2.8
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 19:16:56 -0800
Ahhh, a favorite PacNW topic. "Where were you when the Mountain blew?"
I was living aboard my boat at the time anchored out in front of my soon
wife-to-be's cabin. I clearly heard and felt the blast and wondered at
the time who was blasting stumps. I didn't even think about the mountain
as it is about 170 miles away. I'd made plans with a friend to rent a
plane to go up and see the eruption when it happened as it was predicted
to be eminent. Unfortunately the weather took a turn right after the
blast so we never did.

Darin, The best place to see the line up of Cascade volcanoes is from a
turn off near Shaniko Junction. We were fortunate to have clear skies
when we were traveling by in October. Everything from Rainier in the
north to the Sisters and beyond can be seen from a single spot.

Mike