[OM] Re: FS: Zuiko 35-80/2.8

Subject: [OM] Re: FS: Zuiko 35-80/2.8
From: "Paul Laughlin" <pelaughlin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 19:41:03 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike" <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, December 23, 2006 7:16 PM
> Darin, The best place to see the line up of Cascade volcanoes is from a
> turn off near Shaniko Junction. We were fortunate to have clear skies
> when we were traveling by in October. Everything from Rainier in the
> north to the Sisters and beyond can be seen from a single spot.

There is a good mountain identifier as you top out east of the John Day
canyon between Wasco and Condon.  Unfortunately, the last time I stopped
there, some idiot/idiots broke the bronze identifying plaques out of the
concrete.  Perhaps it has been repaired by now.  Has a good view of the
Cascade volcanoes.
Paul in Portland OR