[OM] Re: FS: Zuiko 35-80/2.8

Subject: [OM] Re: FS: Zuiko 35-80/2.8
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 21:41:39 -0800
Darin wrote:

> ................, I do recall seeing the big
> mushroom cloud of ash. Also, going to town either that day or the day after,
> and seeing almost everyone wearing those white dust masks. ....
OK, I give up. It's not my story, but I can't resist. A woman who worked
for me was flying almost over Mt. St. Helens when it blew.

If you knew Joan, you might think the timing was affected by her proximity.

Some other day, I may tell you about her exploding parakeet..... ;-)

> Isn't it interesting, how the wildlife always seems to know when a natural
> disaster is about to happen. I often wish I could be that in tune with
> nature!

Quite impressive to me too. I read that almost no wildlife was harmed in
the big Tsunami in SE Asia. I don't think it that they "know" something,
in the sense we would have to in order to act consciously. They just
somehow find that their movements result in them being out of harm's way
from natural disasters like eruptions, landslides and tsunamis.

I don't know how many are aware of it, but the great Pacific Tsunami
waning system failed this year in Crescent City, CA. No lives lost or
anything like that, but quite a bit of property damage. Maybe they
should be tracking collars and/or tags on coastal wildlife.

Moose