[OM] Re: How young we all are in 2006

Subject: [OM] Re: How young we all are in 2006
From: r.burnette@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 22:46:19 -0500
Well done, Paul.

I will turn 74 in February. George Washington and I share the birthdate.

May you have many more healthy years and enjoy your photography immensely. You
have seen a lot of changes in the photo gear realm, haven't you? Who knows what
we will see before we depart this old earth? Perhaps we may live long enough to
see a new professional Olympus DSLR?  ;o)

I went from a cheap TLR (127) camera/portable radio combo (at age 15) to a
Retina 1A to a Contaflex 1B, a Voitlander Perkeo II (folding 120) and a
YashicaMat LM TLR (120) to a Miranda F to an Olympus Pen FT to the OM-1, OM-2,
OM 4 , E-20 and E-500. In between the OM-4 and the E-20 I added a Crown Graphic
2 1/4 X 3 1/4.  Early this this year a widowed friend gave me her late
husband's Koni-Omega Rapid M (120).

Jettisoned the 127 TLR/radio combo as I grew up. Traded the Retina 1A and the
Miranda F many years ago.  Still have all the others, but the digitals have
spoiled me. I have neglected the film cameras. I need to give them another
"shot" now and then. I haven't used the Koni-Omega yet, although I have
purchased new film backs and dark slides on E-bay.

I am building a darkroom in my basement and plan to drag out the old darkroom
equipment. I have an urge to get back into B& W developing and printing and I
want to introduce my grandchildren to B & W. They each have and use OM-10s with
Zuiko 50mmf 1.8 and Tokina 70-210mm f4-5.6 zoom lenses. Tonight they will
receive Can*n digital pocket cameras from their father. They will be useful for
proofing their OM-10 shots and should serve as useful digital "training aids."
;o)  I'm hoping that the instant feedback will feed their photographic
interests and save them from the belief that camera phones are the photographic
tools of the future for serious photographers.

Happy photographing.

Robert
(Third oldest Zuikoholic identified on the list to date.)