[OM] Re: The new digital discourse [was: Looking back and forward]

Subject: [OM] Re: The new digital discourse [was: Looking back and forward]
From: Manuel Viet <oly@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 03:12:51 +0100
Le mercredi 27 Décembre 2006 02:51, Allan Mee a écrit :
> There is a significant difference between film and digital.
> With film cameras, you *need* film (in order to take any pictures) - with
> digital, all you need (externally) is some form of 'storage'.

You need a battery too. A battery has a limited lifespan after which the
chemicals inside decay, and the battery lose power.

Ever tried to find a new battery for a 5 year old laptop ? Of course improved
batteries for younger computers / cell phones get better and better, last
longer etc. But the form factor is always different from the old ones, the
output power is different, you see what I mean.

I fear today's wonders will turn as useful as a paperclip in a 10 years
timeframe.

--
Manuel Viet