[OM] Re: The new digital discourse [was: Looking back and forward]

Subject: [OM] Re: The new digital discourse [was: Looking back and forward]
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 11:58:16 -0700
The US automakers really did design their products to look obsolete and, in
fact, to wear out in a short time so they would need to be replaced. That
kind of design logic let other companies get their foot in the door and
compete. Detroit was forced to improve but many factors now make it very
hard to survive. I drive a 20-year-old BMW and it still drives like new and
doesn't look old. /jmac