[OM] Re: Self-Confessed Crypto-fascist (OT)

Subject: [OM] Re: Self-Confessed Crypto-fascist (OT)
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 09:34:23 -0500
Ah, well, for what it's worth, there was a time in my life when many
people would have labeled me a crypto-fascist. That's back during the
Vietnam era when I served in Vietnam, and later in Ethiopia (the part
that's now Eritrea), with the Army Security Agency, which was an
interesting assortment of communications and code spooks working
under the auspices of a very large and largely (then) secret
government agency which has of late been in the news for telephone
intercepts of suspected terrorist communications. Because my job
basically involved crypto work, and I was a member of the U.S.
military and therefore in the eyes of many a fascist oppressor and
shameless squasher of freedoms, It would not have been beyond the
pale to have labeled me a bona-fide crypto-fascist.

Alas, I am no longer young enough or nimble enough to goose step.

--Bob

Hum. I wonder how many secret words are in this communication that
might bring it to the attention of the above-mentioned largely secret
but now much publicized government agency? If I go dark on you,
someone sound the alarm! (Back in the day the term was not dark, but
rather "nil-heard.")