[OM] Re: Most influential cameras

Subject: [OM] Re: Most influential cameras
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 11:05:52 -0800
I know you said "viable", and Nikon owners like to claim credit for
their marque but Pentax invented the SLR six years before in 1953,
invented the quick return mirror in 1954, the pentaprism viewer(no
looking down as with a TLR) in 1957, and through the lens metering in
1964. All significant I think and Pentax was quite viable until the
last decade or so. The Nikon F came late to the party in 1959 piggy
backing on Pentax development. Seems to me that significance should
go to the product and not the marketing.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA