[OM] Re: Monitor

Subject: [OM] Re: Monitor
From: "Jon Mitchell" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 19:13:27 -0000
<snip>
So I'm thinking that despite being able to land small aircraft on my
Cinema Display, I may need to procure a second, inexpensive LCD to do
text editing and web authoring. Something with a resolution of 1024
by 728, which is what my antique 19" Lacie CRT is set for.

Am I heading down the right track, or is there some simple fix that
I'm not aware of because I'm such a Mac newbie?
</snip>

Well when I upgrade to a decent monitor, I shall be keeping the old 15"
Dell that I am currently using and having a dual-screen setup for
certain work.  As well as the web authoring you describe and text
editing, there is something rather nice about having, say, the image
being worked on up there on the 23" apple cinema display, and almost as
many PhotoShop toolboxes as you want open on the second screen.  Tried
it once with CRT monitors, but 2 of them just takes up waaaaay too much
space !  Also useful (same principle) for video editing if you ever get
into that as well.

Jon