[OM] 65-116 auto tube coupling problem

Subject: [OM] 65-116 auto tube coupling problem
From: priit@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 12:13:50 +0200 (EET)
I've just got a telescopic auto tube by mail order, and while checking out
the basic functions, discovered an annoying problem. It does not like to
couple with my OM-4T.

The problem seems to be that the meter coupling lever does not pass on the
information about the aperture, while the other lever that closes down the
aperture appears to work correctly.

I did some testing and found that while it does not work when mounted
directly on the body, when I put an auto extension tube in between
everything works. So it does couple with a different OM mount, just not
with the body. Unfortunately I don't have other bodies to test with at the
moment.

Visual examination tells me only that while the shape and size of the
meter coupling lever is slightly different than for example on the
extension tube and the lens I tested with, the position of the lever that
indicates the aperture is the same, or close enough.

I checked the manual in case I had missed something, but the only related
information was not to apply force to the coupling levers and not to use
the tube in combination with other extension tubes.

One thing I did not check yet was how far the lever extends out of the
mount. Perhaps it has suffered some impact and is now too short to connect
to the body properly. Can't check it out while I'm at work though.

Would be grateful for any advice. Although I suppose by my description it
may be difficult to tell what exactly is wrong with it :) I'm just
posting in in the hopes that perhaps the tube or the meter coupling
lever is a 'repeat offender' and there's some known fix to these symptoms.

priit.