[OM] Re: Monitor (calibration)

Subject: [OM] Re: Monitor (calibration)
From: Thomas Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 16:29:09 +0100

On 29Dec , 2006, at 4:02 PM, Bill Pearce wrote:

>> That's a very good guess, Wayne, and many comercial / pro shops
>> actually do this.
> indeed, Kodak once made a sample that would almost change colors
> based on
> viewing light. It was a dramatic demonstrationfor the skeptical/
> unhappy
> customer.
>
> Now, again, I am not sure how much of a difference
>> it makes for regular use, however for gallery prints etc., it's
>> important.
> It can be a HUGE difference, and it would seem that the less
> sophisticated
> the buyer, the bigger problem it can be.

I (almost) never sell photos, so that's not a problem I've
encountered. For displaying photos @home, I've noticed that the type
of light is important. For printing 4x6 for passing around viewing
random-snapshots, it's not possible to control lighting anyways.

--
Thomas Clausen
Thomas.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx