[OM] Re: Looking back and forward

Subject: [OM] Re: Looking back and forward
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 11:02:23 -0500
Perhaps the problem is that you expect the customers to appreciate your
"art" when all they're looking for is a pleasing picture to fit a
particular setting.  Once you understand why *they* don't consider it
lame you'll be all set to make it big time by producing a lot of images
that have similar characteristics.

My wife has long wanted a large print or painting to go in the dining
room.  I've offered to do a photograph on canvas for her if she could
define what she wants to see.  But she can't.  Every time we go to some
place that has prints and paintings she always looks for that elusive
image.  When she finds it she'll know what it looks like but not before.
  As long as it meets whatever elusive criteria are in her head it won't
matter whether any one else might judge it "art" or not.

Chuck Norcutt