[OM] Re: Stand to hold a flash

Subject: [OM] Re: Stand to hold a flash
From: "Allan Mee" <bigalsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 16:02:40 +0000
I like the look at the filter holder hood - but will stick to my camera bag
- it's waay cheaper lol
Allan

PS No trees were harmed in the sending of this message and a very large
number of electrons were asked their permission to be terribly
inconvenienced. (And threw a party for them afterwards for being really cool
about it).

Disrupting the unnatural balance that you, as a conscious human being and a
confused mass of energy, have created.
-Disturb the mind -

>From: "Allan Mee" <bigalsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [OM] Re: Stand to hold a flash
>Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 15:59:15 +0000
>

>Is this the stand?
>http://www.pro4.com/catalog/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=pro4&Product_Code=901&Category_Code=justrite_sundries
>Allan
>

>PS No trees were harmed in the sending of this message and a very large
>number of electrons were asked their permission to be terribly
>inconvenienced. (And threw a party for them afterwards for being really
>cool
>about it).
>
>Disrupting the unnatural balance that you, as a conscious human being and a
>confused mass of energy, have created.
>-Disturb the mind -
>

> >From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxx
> >Subject: [OM] Re: Stand to hold a flash
> >Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 10:46:05 -0500
> >
> >Already been down that route based on info I got from a Canadian
> >distributor whose web site had an old page showing the stand as
> >available when it wasn't.  Not their fault really since it was an old
> >link pointed to by Google but no longer accessible from their home page.
> >
> >According to that distributor, Red Wing is an English company but the
> >QuickStand is actually manufactured by an Italian company (name unknown
> >to me.  Who knows; maybe even Manfrotto).  In any case, he told me that
> >Red Wing is willing to make more of them but only if given a 5,000 piece
> >order.
> >
> >The mechanism is actually fairly simple.  Given a suitable stand to use
> >as a base for modification and an extra piece of appropriately sized
> >telescoping tubing it shouldn't be difficult to make something similar.
> >   These stands had been around for many years so I doubt there is any
> >existing patent protection.  I've been surprised that a Chinese
> >manufacturer hasn't stepped in to fill the void.  Every event
> >photographer in the world and many others as well could make good use of
> >one.  There really is nothing else like it if you use multiple lights
> >for people shots at events (stand for the main light and on-camera flash
> >for fill) and have to work without an assistant.  It's also extremely
> >handy as a fill light with outdoor flash... especially in bright sun.  A
> >small umbrella will produce much softer and pleasing fill light than an
> >on-camera flash even with a large diffuser.
> >
> >Chuck Norcutt
> >

> >Ali Shah wrote:
> > > Is there any contact info for the manufacture of
> > > Redwing stands?

> > > http://mail.yahoo.com

> > > List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> > > List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

> >List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> [...]

Windows Live? Messenger has arrived. Click here to download it for free!