[OM] Re: Name those Mountains I

Subject: [OM] Re: Name those Mountains I
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 02:48:34 -0800
priit@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Dec 2006, Moose wrote:
>

>> Anybody know where this is <http://galleries.moosemystic.net/Sierras/>?
>>
>> And, of course, comments on the photography are welcome.
>>

> I really loved the pond image. Can't offer any constructive criticism,
> because I like just about everything about this picture. Maybe a comment
> about the saturation/contrast - the soft, warm tones are part of what
> makes it really work for me, so it's nice that you left the shadows a
> pleasant, warm brown tone too.

Glad you like it. It's nice when Nature puts up the subject and you can
catch it decently.

I said I didn't push the saturation, but I did adjust the shadows,
bringing the lighter ones up just a bit to reveal detail in the rocky
shore and taking the lower ones down pretty much to black. The dark
shadows of foliage had a blotchy look to them as they scanned, trying
unsuccessfully to render detail where there really isn't any. One of the
prices of slide film. I tried grain reduction, but I like them better
just dark.

Moose