[OM] Re: Le*ca and B&W ( long?)

Subject: [OM] Re: Le*ca and B&W ( long?)
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 03:03:25 -0700

Film and processing will not affect Bokeh.  As others have mentioned, focus
distance and aperture can affect it, as can the lens design.  But film type,
bad film, or processing quality will not affect the rendering of out of
focus areas.

In the photo of my grandpa and the dog, the car and trees outside the window
are all out of focus...note the lack of fine detail in those areas, but they
look very smooth without the double line effect around edges like you see in
the low light shot of the old lady.  The film, processing, and lighting
didn't cause the look you see in the old lady shot, a lens with good smooth
bokeh would have rendered those areas in a much smoother way.

Chris Crawford
http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com