[OM] Re: Jammed OM-2s

Subject: [OM] Re: Jammed OM-2s
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 10:48:49 -0500
Hmmm.  I finally just realized who the Darin is that started this
thread.  I assume the OM-2s in question is the one I sold you (Darin)
last April.  As I recall you identified some winding issue then when
used with your winder.  You apparently got it straightened out OK since
it appears you've been using the camera.

I suppose Daniel could be correct that it needs service but I would be
very surprised.  If this is the same camera (low drain, red flash ready
light) it was serviced by Clint at PhotoSphere approximately 3 or 4
years ago and, until the time I sold it to you, probably hadn't had more
than 15-20 rolls of film put through it.  I know it was Clint that did
the service since he installed the red flash ready light and also fixed
the program mode.  I hadn't even known the program mode wasn't working
properly since I had never (and still haven't) ever used it on either
camera.  John serviced my remaining 2s (probably also about 3 or 4 years
ago) and I did not ask him to change the flash ready light on that one.

Since the camera has had (relatively) recent service is it possible for
a winder to cause the problem you're seeing.  I dunno.

Chuck Norcutt