[OM] Re: Jammed OM-2s

Subject: [OM] Re: Jammed OM-2s
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 11:05:33 -0500
This camera probably has greasy latches.  The wind gears are allowed to
go around a second time, as if they are trying to wind the shutter, but
shutter is already wound.  Shutter is trying to fire but is being held
in place by the out of position wind gears.  The speckled curtain is the
first curtain. This shows that mirror has gone up but curtain could not
move.
Rebuilding involves drilling out an assembly that is stamped shut at the
factory.

John Hermanson
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743
631-424-2121 | Olympus OM Service since 1977
http://www.zuiko.com  |  omtech1 AT verizon.net