[OM] Re: Ran into a photographer

Subject: [OM] Re: Ran into a photographer
From: "Jay Drew" <dreaded@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 10:39:28 -0800
>Happens to all of us - running into another photographer and end up
>discussing gear and stuff.
>Photo: http://www.pbase.com/rsilfverberg/image/72370429.jpg
>Short rambling: http://silfver.blogspot.com/2006/12/you-too.html
>

>Camera: Olympus 35SP

This summer I was at the Monterey Ca. fisherman's wharf.  I was trying out the
Sigma Fisheye I had just gotten.  A fellow came up and asked "Are you shooting
film?" I replied in the affirmative and he then said "God Bless You."  It turns
out he ran a studio in the area and did not think highly of digital.

The summer before that while at the Monterey aquarium I was taking pictures next
to a lady shooting digital.  When she heard the winder she turned to me and said
"I kind of miss that sound."

I am not foolish enough to think that you need to be shooting film to be a
photographer.  I am just foolish enough to still be doing it.

Jay

Hand me my costume
Please won't you pass me my mask
I have appointments I must keep with my past.

Bill Nelson - Beauty Secrets