[OM] Re: Ran into a photographer

Subject: [OM] Re: Ran into a photographer
From: "Ian Nichols" <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 13:15:25 +0000
On 01/01/07, Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I hear it all the time, in movies and in television episodes, in
> which it represents a picture being taken even with digital cameras.
> You wonder how they can be so clueless about something that much of
> their audience is aware of.

Well, they always seem able (even in the days of film) to get pictures
free of camera shake and motion blur, with smoothly rendered mid-tones
even when shooting handheld with a long telephoto and available light
after dark in poor streetlighting.  I've even heard cameras in movies
make the motordrive sound when they clearly don't have a motordrive
fitted.