[OM] Re: My OM gears bring me a lot of fun #27

Subject: [OM] Re: My OM gears bring me a lot of fun #27
From: "Allan Mee" <bigalsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 15:06:03 +0000
Actually I really do like the composition - sometimes its nice to have
graduated areas of interest where the eye has to do a bit of roaming in
order to see/notice everything. I like the way the eye is drawn by degrees
to the trees/mountains/horizon land mass and trees/reflection/lake and pier
with white dog/woman. Then you realise how much detail is in such a
seemingly simple scene. Then the eye starts to 'hunt' a little and notice
other details in what is fast becoming quite a surprisingly rich scene -
like the broken board on the pier and tube like thing hanging off the pier
and the hint of reeds on the left in contrast to the thick patch next and
right to the pier.
Like I said it's a nice gentle graduation of interests that works well in
such a serene and quiet scene -   its a bit like looking at an oil painting
by one of the old masters. The lighting and graduated blues of in the lake
really make it work. I'd be well happy with the shot as it is :) - it makes
a nice change from the 'in your face' area of interest.
Allan

PS No trees were harmed in the sending of this message and a very large
number of electrons were asked their permission to be terribly
inconvenienced. (And threw a party for them afterwards for being really cool
about it).

Disrupting the unnatural balance that you, as a conscious human being and a
confused mass of energy, have created.
-Disturb the mind -

http://www.msn.co.uk/newsletters