[OM] Re: OT Sound effects, was Ran into a photographer

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Sound effects, was Ran into a photographer
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 13:34:36 -0500
Don't want to sound like a warmonger here, but the sounds of firearms
in movies always riles me more than a little. I was watching a show
the other night in which several actors were firing determinedly with
Vietnam-era M-16 rifles. The sounds, however, were Hollywood stock
machine gun sounds. Now, I'm no expert, but I know a M-16 does not
sound like a WWII-era Browning Automatic Rifle. At least no M-16 I
ever fired did.

--Bob

And having just seen a couple of episodes of Dukes of Hazzard, I
second the motion about squealing tyres, er, tires, on such surfaces
as dirt, gravel and flattened grass!