[OM] Re: A new year, a new website ...

Subject: [OM] Re: A new year, a new website ...
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 16:08:03 -0500
At 07:21 AM 1/2/2007, Chris Barker wrote:

[snip]

>www.threeshoes.net/photography/ang-abbey/

[snip]

>I have felt free to offer advice to others and I should be most
>grateful if someone could look and do the same, sometime over the
>next week or so.

Hi Chris,

I'm late to the party and it appears that you've already deleted at
least one image since someone mentioned that #20 is their favorite
and I only see a total of 19 but here's my thoughts:

I like the layout as it now stands.  It's easy to navigate and I'm
partial to black backgrounds - they're easier on my eyes than light
ones.  As to the images I like #19 the best and don't see anything
that I would change about it.  #9 is also very good but might have
been improved slightly if the bottom of the wheel hadn't been
cropped.  To my eyes #9 has the most potential of the group but two
things spoil it for me.  The first, as others have mentioned, is the
second path that is partially shown on the right.  I think the image
can be improved by cropping the RH side.  Also, the diagonal limb in
the top left corner is in conflict with the balance of the image and
my eye keeps being drawn to it.

What's your position on cropping?  Do your ethics allow cropping
during post processing or do you feel that you need to capture the
final image in the camera?

Anyway, looks like a nice place to hone your skills and I look
forward to seeing more images from there as the year progresses.

Later,
Johnny

Johnny Johnson
Cleveland, GA