[OM] Re: What I did (am doing) on my holidays (was: The new digital disc

Subject: [OM] Re: What I did (am doing) on my holidays (was: The new digital discourse)
From: "Marc Lawrence" <MLawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 11:57:10 +1100
> Chris Barker wrote:
> [...] Dessert was a Delia Smith special, a Chocolate Truffle
> Torte which is so rich you can eat only the tiniest sliver
> before you're stuffed.

Aha! A challenge! Send that recipe my way, unless it is a special
family-secret one, and I will try out my best Mr. Creosote
impression with this "wafer-thin" sliver.

> My resolution is going to go something like this: take themed
> photos for each month of the year, print at least 2 of them,
> and build a year's portfolio so that when I get to the end
> of the year I have a proper collection instead of a few hundred
> still waiting to be checked and keyworded ...

I'm no good with resolutions, though the "lose weight" one
should at least get a decent start. I should set some goals
for myself. For example, I should get started again scanning
and archiving, physically and digitally, my negatives and
slides, and print more photos, and...but I always place myself
at a loose end, recovering from or awaiting some particular
significant (and, to me, usually intimidating - I fear change)
event to get out of the way. My current wall-in-the-way is a
big move and sea-change towards the end of the year...and then
I'll get started on....???. My photographic efforts are
disorganised chaos (that is, there's no interesting Mandelbrot
pictures coming out of the chaos). I really don't know where
I am, photographically speaking, always putting things in my
own way, so that I don't review, print, work on, archive,
properly, or coordinate future taking of photos and end up
taking photos that quickly disappear behind the procrastination.

It's hard to believe my job is predominantly in project
management. :-D

> ... and decide whether I really need more mp in a DSLR ...

You probably don't, but it's that little voice in your head
that wants "just a sliver" more of Torte that you'll have to
argue with over that particular issue.

Cheers,
Marc
Sydney, Oz