[OM] Re: [lens] Re: OT - on returning to film

Subject: [OM] Re: [lens] Re: OT - on returning to film
From: "tOM Trottier" <tOM@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 11:01:25 -0400
Not so archival if colour.

Happy New Year, tOM

On Wednesday, January 03, 2007 at 7:34,
Rick Beckrich <olympus@xxxxxxxxxx> wrot

> All - In case you missed it, there's a nice Pete Myers essay in
> Luminous-Landscape on why he has gone back to film  (OK, with a
> L***a) after several years of working with digital. Here's a quote I
> love: (Obviously, 'cause I agree - and have done the same thing,
> 'though not as well.)
>
>   "My photographic medium comes in a roll with thirty-six image
>   sensors to a box. Each box also provides the user with a free,
>   image-memory system - which is highly archival. And finally, the
>   completed images don't even need to be viewed on a computer
>   monitor at all - you can just view the images directly on a light
>   table with a loop! Magic." Pete Myers, Santa Fe writing in
>   Luminous-Landscape

-- Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur --
   ,__@         tOM Trottier
 _-\_<,         758 Albert St., Ottawa ON Canada  K1R 7V8
(*)/'(*)        N45.41235 W75.71345     +1 613 860-6633
     Q,  Q,
    </  </      This world, after all our science and sciences, is still
 (`-/---/-')            a miracle; wonderful, inscrutable, magical and more,
~~@~~~~@~~~~~~  to whosoever will think of it. --Thomas Carlyle