[OM] Re: Yes, he is finally installing a back up drive and has two quest

Subject: [OM] Re: Yes, he is finally installing a back up drive and has two questi...
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 14:06:02 -0800
I have been using FireWire since it came out with zero problems. The
iPods until recently were Firewire and I have never heard of a
connector problem with the frequent synchronization and recharging
required.  As loosely as the standard for USB2 is followed it is
frequently not nearly as fast as FW400. You have to shop very
carefully. I have also been surprised at how seldom power for the
device comes from the USB2 bus and there must be a separate power
source. But I am no power user by any means. Just my experience.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA