[OM] Re: Megapixels and printing photos (long)

Subject: [OM] Re: Megapixels and printing photos (long)
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 18:43:04 -0500
To which I reply, once again, balderdash.  But it's true.  If you're
going to print a book the publisher will demand this 300 ppi "photo
quality".  I'm not printing books and I don't care.  I'm also not doing
architectural photography where I'd like all the details to be sharp as
a tack.  In my photo world a 3MP image can make a beautiful 24x36
portrait... designed, of course, to be viewed from several feet away and
not the 25cm/10" reading distance for a typical book or magazine.

Chuck Norcutt