[OM] Re: Megapixels and printing photos (long)

Subject: [OM] Re: Megapixels and printing photos (long)
From: "Allan Mee" <bigalsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 00:01:08 +0000
I don't worry about MP. My 2mp Oly camedia P&S does pics that are seemingly
ok for up to 8x10 and even A4 - 11-3/4 x 8-1/4. My 6mp DR will easily do
that and more and should be good for at least A3 at 16.54x11.69 and even
20x16 or A2 at 23.39x16.54. Since I don't need more than A4 anyway I don't
really see the need for higher resolutions.
My DR gives results that are at least comparable to 35mm and often better
than 35mm - though there may a number of factors involved there. For
example, I don't have any filters yet for the DR and the camera and lens is
a lot newer than my old film cameras and their lenses. I often shoot when
its twilight (as I love the colour of the sky then and the deep shades in
the shadows). Digital is *much* better at taking shots at low-light levels -
apart from camera shake - but I'm hoping that a lens with IS will cure that
when I get one.
Allan

PS No trees were harmed in the sending of this message and a very large
number of electrons were asked their permission to be terribly
inconvenienced. (And threw a party for them afterwards for being really cool
about it).

Disrupting the unnatural balance that you, as a conscious human being and a
confused mass of energy, have created.
-Disturb the mind -

http://www.msn.co.uk/newsletters