[OM] Re: Yes, he is finally installing a back up drive and has two quest

Subject: [OM] Re: Yes, he is finally installing a back up drive and has two questi...
From: Thomas Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 02:35:57 +0100

On 4Jan , 2007, at 1:46 AM, Winsor Crosby wrote:

> Just the opposite for me. My portable drive I use to back up my
> Macbook Pro is powered by the FW bus, but I have to use the power
> supply for the drive if I use the USB bus. It could be the way Apple
> implements it, but the third party USB2 card in my desktop is the
> same.
>

> Winsor
> Long Beach, California, USA

Interesting. On my MacBook Pro (and on my Mac Mini and on my iMac
20"), I've had no problems bus-powering small harddisks (Arcos
MiniHD, Lacie Rugged portable)  over the usb bus. On my old
PowerBook, however.....

Never had any devices to power over FW, but I take your word for it
that it works ;)

--
Thomas Clausen
Thomas.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx