[OM] Re: My OM gears bring me a lot of fun #28

Subject: [OM] Re: My OM gears bring me a lot of fun #28
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 02:55:31 -0800
Michael Wong wrote:
> Wow ........... wonderful! How do you do that? It's amazing.

Thanks! As Jeff pointed out, I may have gone too far for some, but I
wanted to show what may be done.

Generally, what I did, using PS, was:

- Make a separate layer for the sky. 1st. to cover up the halo effects
that will come from LCE on the trees and hills. 2nd. to adjust its color
separately.

- Sample blue from the tip of the sky and fill all the sky with it. One
could, of course, drop in clouds, too.

- Make a separate layer for the distant hills

- Apply lots of LCE, Brightness, Contrast and Curves adjustments to the
hills to pull up the detail that the haze has washed out.

- Pull the blue down quite a bit and the red up just a bit on the hills.
I don't know what color they are supposed to be, so I made them look
like dry hills where I live - where there are lots of eucalyptus trees too.

- Apply Shadow-Highlight , Brightness/Contrast and Curves to the bottom
layer, but much less than on the hills. With the sky and hill layers
above it, this only shows on the bottom part of the image.

Learning two to use these tools to get the desired effect(s) is simply a
matter of practice.

Cloning out the pier/dog/woman and tree in the bottom example is again,
pretty easy after learning to use the tools.

There is a lot hiding in many images that can be imagined, then brought
into the visual world.

Moose