[OM] Re: True confessions - Why I finally set up the external back up dr

Subject: [OM] Re: True confessions - Why I finally set up the external back up drive and another ?
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 16:16:08 -0000
I have been using AVG free for the past year and a half, and have not been
asked to pay (but I was asked to download a new version - a made sure to
choose the free one).  I previously used McAfee for many years, but grew to
dislike their renewal system, which seemed to force me to buy a new licence
rather than pay a renewal, in each case for more than the cost of a CD at
the local PC emporium.

A free evaluation of Norton Internet Security was delivered with my wife's
PC - it seemed to place a huge burden on the processor, and was duly and
unceremoniously ditched.

AVG free simply does what it needs to do, at an attractive price, without
unnecessary burden!  But the webaddress is not always obvious:
http://free.grisoft.com is the homepage for their free stuff, including
anti-spyware which I can't vouch for.

As previously posted, my backups are to dual 250GB USB HDs sitting on a
networked Linksys NSLU2 - or at least, they were until we moved house three
weeks ago.  They got packed up.  But I didn't know in which packing case.
It took me until today to find them, but to my great relief, they now sit on
the desk waiting to be unboxed.  It would have been a long trip back to see
if they had been left at the old house.  Remind me not to forget to unbox
them!

--
Piers