[OM] Re: Speaking of backup drives

Subject: [OM] Re: Speaking of backup drives
From: JOHN DUGGAN <john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 22:44:28 +0000 (GMT)
   Ag...My one and only New Years resolution...I WILL backup my
computer!
  On tuesday I did my usual addaware and spyware removal run. The
spyware tool froze twice.....I then ran ewido? spyware removal.
      This told me it was now AVG. Downloaded new software and message
came up...need to restart for programme to take effect.
   Machine re-started and windoze totally refused to start...Started in
safe mode and continual messages of windoze exe components missing /
corrupt etc...Tried everything to repair it BUT have ome to the
conclusion that the only solution is to re-format and re-instal.

All my progs are legit...but trying to match disks with correct
envelopes and serial no's will be a problem  :-((
A lot of my pics are duplicated on my school laptop but a lot of work
is down the tubes.
     The irony is that 3 months ago I bought a 180 gig SATA drive and
an ICYBOX external case for backup....I had just been very busy and put
it off....BUGGER!!!!!!!
  Only consolation is that my 35 gig of IPOD music is safe on my
laptop...which will also be backed up within the week.
        Regards, John Duggan, Wales, UK.

--- AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> For Christmas I got myself a 250GB drive and a Ethernet drive
> enclosure.  Not exactly the speediest thing in the world, but it sure
> felt good getting all of my images totally backed up on another
> drive.  I've got a freezer full of DVD backups and a hard-drive with
> critical images stored at the office 25 miles away.  I'm tired of
> tempting fate.

Regards
  John Duggan,
     Wales, UK

Try the all-new Yahoo! Mail. "The New Version is radically easier to use" ? The
Wall Street Journal
http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html