[OM] Re: Speaking of backup drives

Subject: [OM] Re: Speaking of backup drives
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 15:01:03 -0800 (PST)
Dr Flash (drive) Norcutt wrote:
> As long as you think you've got to reformat and re-install I'd
> remove that  boot drive and install a new one.  Once the new one
> is up and running see what can be gotten off the old one with it
> not running as the boot drive.

Totally agree.  In the past when I've had this kind of thing happen
to me, I'd take the drive out and put it into another computer as the
SECOND hard drive.  Then I'd whack whatever offending file or backup
all the critical stuff off onto the "hospital" computer's hardrive.
Take the drive out, put it back in the baaaad computer, reformat and
reload whatever programs.  Take the drive back out put it back in the
hospital computer, copy the backed up data across, take it out and
put the completed restoral in the baaaad computer.

Unfortunately, Micros*ft doesn't make it easy at all to backup
Outlook.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com