[OM] Re: The Strobist

Subject: [OM] Re: The Strobist
From: Patrick Moore <paddy@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 00:12:58 +0000
* On Thu, Jan 04, 2007 at 11:37:07PM -0000, Phil said:
> In november I bought an E500, and started to learn about that, then
> purchased the FL50 and had to learn about that The E500 broke, so I
> bought a D80 and had to learn about that, to which I added an SB800 even
> more to learn In the meantime I aquired an S3 and started to learn how to
> use that, my birthday present was an Wacom tablet followed by CS of which
> I am learning about, The broken E500 (much to my suprise) was replaced
> with an brand new E1, and honestly I am learnt out at the moment, so my
> brand new E1 sits in the box, I am dreading taking it out cos I just know
> I will love it.

E500 (with FL50) --> D80 (with SB800)
 |               `-> S3 (around now?)
 |                                       `-> Wacom Tablet + CS.

 `---> replaced with E1 ..

Something like that?  (apologies to those that use non mono-spaced fonts)

Dear god man. :)  Nice though.

In other news, I have finally gone digital and am currently the happy owner
of a Pentax K10D.   I did look at the E-400 (which really is lovely), but
the deal on the K10D was better,  and the appeal of the shake reduction was
something that couldn't be denied.  I picked up a second hand Sigma 70-300
and along with the kit lens I've been staring out the window waiting for
the weather to improve beyond its dreary and dismal sort at the moment.

I am going to keep the bulk of my OM Kit, but may rationalise some of the
zooms ... (certainly the 28, 50 and 200 primes are all staying put), so you
haven't quite got rid of me yet.

atb,

paddy
--
oOoOo   Dylan got up, it wasn't a terribly good day. So he had a   oOoOo
 oOoOo      cup of tea. Then he had another cup of tea. And       oOoOo