[OM] Re: Approaching demise of P&S?

Subject: [OM] Re: Approaching demise of P&S?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 14:15:13 -0800
The video capability is just an added feature to the music player and
it does not cost extra. I was not really saying I thought that buying
a iPod just to watch video was a great idea either, and I haven't. I
like music as background to some activities, but video requires
attention. However there is a lot of stuff around that is not much
bigger in resolution with lots of interesting content not available
on DVD. Certainly I could imagine loading a video tutorial or a
selection of European art "toons", as well as music, audible books,
podcasts or  calendar prior to a long trip or for a regular public
transportation commute, if I had the additional video capability in
my iPod.  It would certainly beat the dreadful in flight movie.

And careful, MP-3s and MP-4 players have already replaced the
cassette and CD walkman.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA