[OM] Re: E-330 Question

Subject: [OM] Re: E-330 Question
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 20:36:56 -0600
On 1/5/07, Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> At 04:21 PM 1/5/2007, Moose wrote:
> >The other obvious thing to consider is the sensor noise. Although not
> >ideal for me for a general purpose camera, at least it doesn't follow
> >the current digicam trend of megapixels at the cost of visible noise
> >even at low isos.
>
> It'll be interesting to see how it performs compared to what I
> normally shoot.  For wildflower work I stick pretty much to ISO400
> and don't use any noise reduction.  Based on what Joel has said the
> 330 may be usable under those conditions too.

Since you are also a Caananite, I hope to get some kind of a
real-world comparison about noise from you!  I sort of decided that
this had become a religious issue some time ago.

> In my case I'll really only need to carry the one body and a macro
> lens since I'm not buying it for general photography but strictly for
> wildflower work.  I might add a wide angle prime later for grab shots
> if Olympus or Sigma ever introduces one in the 12-14mm range but I'm
> not interested in carrying around a kit including a zoom when
> shooting wildflowers.

I have not yet tried Live View B with the 90/2.  I decided that in
Hawaii the DZ 14-54 would give me as much macro as I would likely need
(provided the Bogen would give me the working room).  If you are like
me, you may find LV B useful in focusing your longer Zuikos manually
(but of course you'll need to get an adapter).

Joel W.