[OM] Re: Baby steps up the printer food chain in anticipation of the e-2

Subject: [OM] Re: Baby steps up the printer food chain in anticipation of the e-2 and print sales.
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 23:12:16 -0700
Bill & Chris,

The Alpha is likely (I haven't touched one myself) similar to most D-SLRs
out there. I worked for a little while in a camera shop when I first moved
to santa fe, and the cameras were all garbage except for a few high end ones
like the D2x, D100, 5D, etc.  The E1 was designed as a pro camera so it has
the same great build quality as Canon and Nikon's high end pro cameras.
It's being sold cheap now since it's only 5mp and if that's enough
resolution for your work it's a true bargain.

I have a D70, and it's plastic crap, just like the Canon rebels, the Pentax
D-SLRs, and the cheaper olympuses like the E500.  When I say they're crap
and garbage, I mean build quality, not image quality. My D70 gives great
images and so do all the other cameras I mentioned. I just use my D70 for
snapshots and commercial work...my clients all want digital images. For my
personal work I'm back to my OM-4T bodies and my collection of zuiko lenses.

My point in all this is the Alpha is probably no more junk than all it's
competitors, at least those similarly priced.

Chris Crawford
Santa Fe, NM

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com