[OM] Re: Baby steps up the printer food chain in anticipation of the e-

Subject: [OM] Re: Baby steps up the printer food chain in anticipation of the e-2 and print sales.
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 06:50:46 -0800
On Reichmann's review of the big version of the HP printer yesterday
on his site he said the ink usage was very low. They are similar
designs and that should carry over. One advantage mentioned in a
couple of places is that the new HPs have the ability to just clean
the jet that is clogged, not just flush expensive ink through
everything. No big waste ink tank is needed.  You leave the printer
on all the time and it checks the individual jets periodically for
clogging and cleans the ones that need it automatically. As much a
fan as I am of Epson for doing the heavy lifting in creating this
market you have to credit HP for really looking at the competition
and addressing the problems.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA