[OM] Re: Baby steps up the printer food chain in anticipation of the e-

Subject: [OM] Re: Baby steps up the printer food chain in anticipation of the e-2 and print sales.
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 11:52:18 -0500
My first photo quality printer was a refurbished HP 1100P that did a
respectable job but the dyes on some photos showed visible fading in as
little as a few months.  Very environment dependent apparently.  I first
noticed it after going to my son's house and seeing a photo I had
printed of my grandson for which I had a duplicate copy... one of three
identical 4x6's printed on the same piece of paper.  My own version had
shown no noticeable fading.  His version looked like half the color was
gone after being tacked up on the fridge for about 6 months.  Whether
kitchen fumes or not I don't know but decided I needed a better printer.

I got a small Epson pigment printer after that but it looks like I'm
going to have to take a closer look at HP again for the next printer
buy.  I'd very much like to have something capable of 13x19.

Chuck Norcutt