[OM] Re: Weird fogging on 35mm film

Subject: [OM] Re: Weird fogging on 35mm film
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 21:59:22 -0800 (PST)
> It's only on the first half of the roll.  I bought the film at a
> local
> store, and I never shipped it through the postal service.  I assume
> the
> store received it from Kodak through UPS or FEDEX rather than the
> postal
> service.  The roll doesn't look fogged other than those spots under
> the
> sprocket holes....the base density doesn't seem increased on the
> part of the
> roll affected.

As you look at the negs, is there a dark edge between the sprocket
holes and the edge of the film?

Hate to say this, but it sounds a lot like X-Ray damage.  Another
random thought would be a bad light seal in the camera, but since it
happened on both edges of the film and only 1/2 of the roll, it's
definitely radiation exposure.  It isn't light contamination as that
would show other types of damage and usually manafests itself as
blackness along the top/bottom edges of the film outside the sprocket
holes.

And, no, I really don't think it has anything to do with silvernosed
lenses.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com