[OM] Re: E-330 Question

Subject: [OM] Re: E-330 Question
From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 23:50:59 -0700
> Thanks for the very interesting comparison Dan. I still have a question; if
> you had to choose between an E-330 and an E-1, which would you choose? Right
> now, even with the UK price reduction on th E-330, an E-1 is still just less
> then 2/3 the price of the E-330 (600 UKP v. 375 UKP), both with the 14-45
> zoom. I have an E-500 already, but it is clearly not made to the same
> standards as either th E-1 or the E-330.

  Hm. It depends on what you want. 600UKP for an E-330 seems high, you
should be able to order one from Adorama (like the rest of us, I
suspect.. Adorama is also selling via Amazon, it's $10 less there but
only ships to the US.  Hey, the price went up! Adorama now wants $700
for an E-330.

  Wow, for once I actually got the good deal _before_ it went away.

  If you can get an E-1 for UKP375 with a lens, that's a really good
price -- below current e*ay going rates, it looks like, and for the
extra UKP225 you could get the OM lens adapter, or another 4/3 lenses,
or just a whole lot of beer..

  If you definitely have a photographic use for the flip-out screen
and/or the live view(s) on the E-330, then that's the one to go for, but
in general, the E-1 is definitely a classic, just like OMs are.

  -- dan