[OM] Re: ebay advise

Subject: [OM] Re: ebay advise
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 08:09:57 -0500
You're confusing Sigma and Soligor.  Soligor used the "CD" (Computer
Designed) designation in lenses they produced to compete with the
Vivitar Series 1 line.  I have one Soligor CD lens, a 35-70/2.5 in OM
mount which has build quality probably unsurpassed by any other lens I own.

Sigma often gets a bad rap on quality which I think comes mostly from
some (possibly recent) QC problems but also from producing low end
lenses to feed the masses.  But they also produce very high end lenses
with prices to match.  The 300/2.8 would not have been a cheapie.

Chuck Norcutt