[OM] Re: Newly acquired Olympus rangefinder/P&S

Subject: [OM] Re: Newly acquired Olympus rangefinder/P&S
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 16:53:44 -0500
The "leaf shutter" arrangement you see on your rangefinder camera is
actually a better shutter setup than the focal plane shutters you find
on most SLR's.   They don't go real fast but don't have the flash
synchronization problems of focal plane shutters.  Problem is you can't
have an SLR with interchangeable lenses without each lens having its own
shutter which is expensive.

Glad you were able to get to the problem so easily.  Ready to tackle the
focusing helicoid and shutter?  :-)

Chuck Norcutt