[OM] Re: E-330 Question

Subject: [OM] Re: E-330 Question
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 19:28:04 -0600
On 1/7/07, Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  Generally I've been using the center point for the E-1, but that's
> because that way I know what it'll do; I don't know when it'll choose
> one of the other two to focus on, so I'm wary of it getting confused.

I feel the same way, though I am often not successful with the single
point, even in very controlled situations, but mostly with telephoto.

One of my next tests is going to involve the DZ 50-200 and LV B mode.
With the single point, I often find myself needing to refocus manually
after initially using the AEL button to trigger AF.  I'm curious as to
whether having the three points active may improve this.  It doesn't
seem like it should, but I'd like to experiment with this as I think
it might help me learn more about how the AF is working.

>  One other advantage of the E-1 over the E-330 is the AF illuminator --
> the E-330 has to strobe the flash to do that, which is (according to my
> wife) very annoying if you're on the receiving end.

Yeah, I don't like the illuminators.  The E-1 strobe makes me feel
like a Borg.  I guess I keep it turned off most of the time.  You
can't really turn the E-330 "strobe" off if you're using flash at all,
can you?

Joel W.