[OM] Re: OM to E compatibility issues

Subject: [OM] Re: OM to E compatibility issues
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 07:04:53 EST
In a message dated 1/8/2007 5:02:34 A.M. Central Standard Time,
jm_afonso@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

My first  question is how is
the quality of such combinations - has anyone  tried?
Is this noticeably below in quality to the "pure"
E-zuiko  lenses?

My answer would be to try the ones you have and I have not found there to  be
any lack of quality.  You will be using manual focus and setting your
exposure manually . . . just like an OM on the focus and for many of us, the
same
on exposure.

Ken Norton, AG on the list, uses many OM lens for his professional  work.
When he was making his decision about getting an e-1, I did a test  of several
of the OM lenses on an e-1.  they can be found at
_http://www.image66media.com/page22.html_
(http://www.image66media.com/page22.html)    Be sure to go
through his website for other (more interesting) images than my  test images.

Another issue is with the flashes. Is it possible to
use the  T20's, T32's, T28's, T10's (these last two
with the power control to worry  about) on the E series
cameras?

No problems on the e-1 with these.  I've not used them with any of the  other
e system cameras as I don't have any of them.  Again, it will be  manual
exposure, however the results are immediately available with  digital.   <[8^)
Bill Barber