[OM] Re: FL40 and C8080

Subject: [OM] Re: FL40 and C8080
From: Richard Ociepka <ociepka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 15:03:21 -0500
khen lim wrote:

> I'm assuming that I can do a One-Touch WB without the FL40 of course. And
> then install the FL40 on the C8080 and use it with the WB setting I had
> established. Can I then assume that the FL40's output quality will not
> affect my WB setting?

Aren't you setting the WB for your light source?
Once you turn on the flash the light source is now the flash.
If I set a custom WB for a florescent light source and then turn on the
flash the color will be all screwed up.
But what an effect.

> OK, thanks. One question - is there any accessory out there that allows me
> to connect the C8080/C5060 to the FL40 off-camera via some kind of hotshoe
> connecting cord?

You can use the flash with the hotshoe flash cable FL-CB05.

> Also would you consider using the FL40 on the C8080 for macro work?

It works great in S-Macro mode. The hot shoe is still active in S-Macro
mode.

> Do you think that the FL40's smallest manual fraction power mode is small
> enough for macrophotography?

The auto and TTL modes compensate really well.
Add a diffuser and/or a reflector and it works great.

Dick